Mold, Mycotoxins and Your Family’s Health 1


The majority of the air in your basement or crawl space also circulates in your home…and it could be killing you. 

 

Overly dramatic?

 

Unfortunately, no. Not as long as Black Mold continues to grow in your house.

Basements and crawl spaces that aren’t treated are like Club Med for mold. They’re dark, damp, moist, and humid. Mold loves these conditions and make themselves right at home.

 

And, some types of mold, like Black Mold, can be extremely dangerous to your health. Black mold’s health effects can be felt most in pets, kids and the elderly but, we’re all at risk.

 

 

  • When mold spreads and multiplies, it produces spores which get into the air in your home. We then breathe these spores in, causing damage to our bodies, lungs, and even our brain.
  • The reproductive spores contain toxic substances known as mycotoxins

 

Signs Your Basement Has Black Mold:

 

  • Visible mold, often black in color on the walls, floor, around windows or behind paneling or near pipes
  • Streaks on the walls or floors
  • A bad smell in the basement, usually it’s described as “musty” or “dank”

 

symptoms-mold-exposureThis is when the mold is visible; often it’s hidden behind paneling, wood, near water pipes or sinks, and near any kind of organic material like wood or stone.

 

 

 

What Does Black Mold Do to Our Health?

 

It’s not over-the-top to say that mold is deadly. Black mold has condemned homes, school buildings and office/apartment complexes. It’s that dangerous!

 

The Mayo Clinic lists some of the signs of black mold exposure, and, this is just a partial list:

 

  • Mold-induced asthma. In people allergic to mold, breathing in spores can trigger an asthma flare-up. If you have a mold allergy and asthma, be sure you have an emergency plan in place in case of a severe asthma attack.
  • Allergic fungal sinusitis. This results from an inflammatory reaction to fungus in the sinuses.
  • Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. This reaction to fungus in the lungs can occur in people with asthma or cystic fibrosis.
  • Hypersensitivity pneumonitis. This rare condition occurs when exposure to airborne particles such as mold spores cause the lungs to become inflamed. It may be triggered by exposure to allergy-causing dust at work.

 

Black mold has also been known to cause serious health problems in small pets.

If you’re noticing allergies that just don’t seem to go away…or you’re nose is stuff when you’re at home (or work)…or, you have a dry, scratchy throat, you may have black mold in your basement.

 

  • Wiping away mold will NOT get rid of it.
  • Mold spreads via air, moisture and organic materials, using bleach and sprays will only make it go away for a few days. It will return.
  • We use a patented system that not only eliminates mold from the organic materials, we get it out of the air so that it doesn’t return.
  • Plus, we ensure that the moisture that caused the mold to grow in the first place is removed so that it won’t grow back (this is the most important step and is overlooked 99% of the time by mold removal “experts”)
  •  Our system kills the mycotoxins, spores and mold and keeps it out of your home forever.


 


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

One thought on “Mold, Mycotoxins and Your Family’s Health