Basement Mold Can Destroy Your Basement – And Your Family’s Health
For mold to grow and spread in your basement or crawl space, it needs moisture. Unless your basement was waterproofed, you can be sure that the moisture level is too high.
Mold, especially the ultra harmful black mold, is great at finding hiding spots where it can eat and reproduce in peace. It will crawl it’s way behind your drywall, under your carpets and rugs, in ceiling panels, on any kind of wood – including the cheap press-board that many bargain entertainment centers are made of – inside the fabric of your couch, bed, or even in old clothing.
Why is Mold Hazardous to Your Family’s Health?
When you smell mold, what you are actually inhaling is a mixture of:
- Dust mite waste
- Mold spores (dead and alive)
- Decaying organic matter (mold’s food)
- Airborne chemicals, organic waste compounds, gasses, and other harmful mold byproducts
You and your family breathe these hazardous materials in, and they wreak havoc in your respiratory system. This may be the biggest mold health hazard – it’s impact on your lungs.
What Damage Can Mold Do to Your Family?
Mold has been shown to cause a slew of health issues, including:
- Shortness of breath
- Asthma (or worsening of asthma)
- Sinus infections
- Year-round allergy problems
- Throat infections
- Mouth and skin rashes and irritations
- Sore throat
- Eye irritations, rashes, and corneal problems
- Flu-like symptoms
- Muscle and joint pain
The list is seemingly endless. Some doctors believe that many of the allergy complaints they receive are actually related to mold, as exposure, even for a short time, can mimic severe allergic reactions.
- Children, pets, and the elderly are all hit hardest by basement mold.
We Can Help You Remove Mold From Your Home
If you suspect that there is mold in your basement, crawl space, attic, or elsewhere in your home, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Spraying mold with bleach does not remove it forever. It will grow back within a few days
- We remove not only the mold you can see, but the hidden stuff, too
- We also zap all mold spores that are kicked into the air when a mold removal process begins. This is important because if the spores are left to float around once we’re gone, they’ll simply land on new sources of moisture and start over
- We kill all mold, it’s spores, and make sure that all surfaces in the effected area of your home are covered so that mold can not re-land and repopulate