Did You Know Basement and Crawl Space Mold Can Be Lethal to Your Children and Pets?
Basement mold spreads fast and is tough to kill…at least, it’s tough to kill for good.
And, the problem is only getting worse.
There are two reasons for this:
1. Most mold “experts” are giving dangerous advice on how to get rid of mold
2. The true problem (cause) of mold growth is not being addressed
A leading DIY website lists the following products as great ways to kill basement mold. Keep in mind, it doesn’t make a distinction between white mold, black mold, mildew, etc.
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Baking soda
- Tea tree oil
- Grapefruit seed extract
What’s wrong with that list?
None of them truly kill mold. Sure, they may help wipe it away. But, what the geniuses in the DIY world forget is that mold grows on organic substances using moisture.
Using liquid products on porous, organic materials (wood, drywall, etc) will temporarily wipe mold away, but it leaves behind the food that mold grows on!
This is a recipe for disaster. You find yourself constantly bleaching away mold, only to have it return in the same place, and, often, in new areas.
The Real Problem is Left Untreated
Worse yet, the true cause of mold growth is ignored.
- The cause of the water or moisture that mold lives on is rarely addressed. And, the spores that are in the air of your home are left alone.
This means that even if you manage to Borax away some mold, the spores are still floating in the air. It will find any moisture in the home and land on it, setting up a new colony. This is why mold spreads fast and keeps coming back.
- To truly kill mold and keep it from coming back, you must kill the spores, the surface mold, and stop the water and moisture problem in your basement
- We do this with our specially designed “Negative Air Containment” system. We kill the spores, dry the water and keep mold out of your home forever