Have a Flooded, Wet, Damp Basement? Should You Fix It Yourself or Hire a Basement Waterproofing Company?
When you basement is flooding or you have cracks in your foundation can be tempting to try to fix the problem yourself.
After all, waterproofing is expensive, isn’t it?
DIY vs Professional
The problem is that do it yourself solutions are fine for hanging a picture or changing a light bulb, but it is not a smart choice for water proofing.
- Waterproofing your basement is not just painting a “waterproofing” paint or membrane on the inside walls and floor.
This will actually cause more problems because the water will still be getting into your basement and will now cause water and moisture to be trapped between the cement and the membrane. This encourages mold growth and will mask foundation problems, temporarily.
And, when it comes to foundation cracks, there is no such thing as a DIY solution. Cracks and structural problem are serious and should be dealt with by a professional.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Basement Waterproofing Company
Foundation repair and water problems in your basement are serious issues. They should be handled by a professional.
But, make sure you choose the right company. One that is well reviewed, respected in the industry and in the media, and one that has a long, proven track record.
We help you by:
- Customizing your waterproofing and foundation repair to fit your home’s needs
- Repairing foundation problems with professional engineers and equipment so that the cracks stop and your foundation is safe from dangerous damages in the future (this can include using our special Steel Plate Foundation Fix)
- Waterproofing and fixing both the inside and outside of your basement. Only fixing the inside is simply making problems. We make sure the whole problem is fixed so you can rest easy.
- Offering You a Free Estimate and Simple, In-House Financing on your waterproofing and foundation repair needs