Your Home Is At Risk…
Many homes in the Philadelphia area are experiencing foundation problems like cracks, leaks and full out collapse at an alarming rate.
If your home is in the city chances are it was built on foundations that simply can’t withstand the outside pressure on their walls anymore.
Once this happens, cracks and leaks occur…followed by big repair bills if you don’t address the problem early.
Philly and the surrounding area tends to the get the short end of the stick when it comes to both intense weather and soil pressure. In fact, many of the homes and buildings in the city were built on less than ideal soil…usually a heavy clay-type soil.
A hundred year old home has stood up to tens of thousands of pounds of pressure over the years. At some point, it just can’t fight anymore.
- Even if your home is new, it will be effected. And, if you live in a Philly or New Jersey suburb, you can be sure that your home was built on clay soil.
The problem is that your foundation already supports the weight of the house and now it has to deal with what happens when clay soil and water combine…
Rain, Snow & Clay Make a Mess of Your Foundation
The last few winters probably had you digging your car out from under a mountain of snow. This was followed by sloshing threw the heavy rain of the spring and summer.
All of that water has to go somewhere, and it usually finds its way deep into the ground around your house. It will then either drain or sit there.
If there is a lot of clay around your home, the water will not drain. It will, in fact, cause the clay to expand.
This puts pressure on your home’s foundation and causes:
- Mold Growth
- Bowing of the Basement Walls
- Foundation Collapse
How You Can Protect Your Philadelphia Home
- First, if you see even the slightest crack, call us at 800-700-9171. We’ll give you a free consultation and diagnose what is causing the problem.
- If you do this before the crack grows, you can save yourself tens of thousands in repairs!
- If your home has a stone, brick, poured concrete or cinder block foundation, we can help. Fix the problem now and save…