Is Mold Really Lethal? Is Having Black Mold In Your Basement Dangerous?
It seems amazing…
But, after all of the coverage by the media (both nation wide and in the Philadelphia area) and the Center for Disease Control, there are still some “internet experts” out there saying that black mold is perfectly safe.
A simple Google search turns up many of these people, usually found on non-regulated forums and message boards.
They use the logic that, since black mold exists in nature, it’s totally find for you and your children to breathe it in at home.
The Truth About Black Mold’s Health Effects
Unfortunately, these people are getting a lot of home owners just like you sick.
If you take nothing else from this article, know that Black Mold is dangerous and can be lethal.
Mold has been proven, over and over again, to cause:
- Respiratory Problems
- Sinus Allergies
- Red, Itchy Eyes
- Persistent cold-like symptoms
- Serious health problems in children
- Death in pets and infants
Hopefully, you see that mold and black mold are very dangerous to you and your family. Especially your small children.
Mold is not something to be played with…it needs to be removed from your home asap.
Wiping it up with some bleach or spray-cleaner will only make the problem worse.
- Mold feeds on moisture and organic material. Dry wall is a favorite breeding ground.
It can get inside your walls where you can’t see it. But, it’s spores still get into your family’s lungs and sinuses, causing health problems.
Mold needs to be dealt with by a professional. The spores in the air as well as the mold on surfaces all need to be killed.
Leaving the spores behind will cause a re-infestation very quickly.
This will cause your family to get sick over and over again.